Welcome to the site.
I believe honesty, openness and transparency will make the world of business a better place for all.
This is a not-for-profit site which I plan to set up to gather and share knowledge about how the world of business could benefit from a more honest, open and transparent way of doing business.
I hope to crowd source a set of values which the world can agree, will revolutionise the fundamentals of business as we know it. In turn creating a business model for tomorrow, not constrained by tradition.
Some of the plans I have for this site are:
- Crowd source a business model using a wiki page to push the boundaries of how honest, open and transparent you can be in business. I hope to design a template business model from the ground up so others can follow in the future
- A multiple author blog in the area
- A community to discuss the points raised throughout the site and the rest of the web
- Share successes and failures where these value have worked or not worked
- Create a self-awarded badge for companies and sites who adhere to certain crowd-sourced criteria. The awards will be crowd policed.
- Write a manifesto for the governments around the world to show how these values are able to help improve the global economy and get us out of the current recession
Can you help?
This is a project I will be working on in my spare time and is not my day job. I want to facilitate sharing of ideas on this site and build a community of people to help advance this cause. I would love people to help in whatever way they feel they can.
I would love to hear from people who can create content (blogs, videos etc) around any related topics but especially;
- How you have had experiences of successes or failures in your business involving the values of this site?
- Could you write a blog about how the values of this site could affect your business/industry/niche?
- Do you have any channels you would be happy to use to help promote the sites values?
- Can you link to this site to help promote the cause?
From a more technical perspective, I would love to hear from anyone who can help in the following areas;
- Experience setting up a wiki on wordpress
- Experience setting up a commmunity forum on wordpress
- WordPress theme design
- Web design
- Graphic design
I am not looking for sponsorship, just people who believe in the values of this site and are willing to support the site to make it more successful. In the absence of any help in this area I will run the site at my own expense.
The site is currently a wordpress.com site but to fulfil the projects full potential I will move it accross to a hosted wordpress.org site to enable the technical functionality to provide wikis and forums.
If you are interested in the sites progress please connect with us through your chosen channel;
- Follow the site by entering your email into the side bar
- Liking our Facebook page – www.facebook.com/honestopentransparent
- Following us on twitter – www.twitter.com/HonOpTrans or use the hashtag #HonOpTrans
Your feedback and participation is fundamental to the success of this project. Please can you leave your thoughts in the comment box below.
Thanks for your support.
NOTE: This is a site I have set up in my spare time and the views published on this site are not those of my employer.